Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Job DescriptionSilver Heights Skilled Nursing is seeking a
talented dietary aide to add to our wonderful team. In keeping with
our organization's tradition, we seek to enhance the quality of
life and holistic growth of older persons with Alzheimer's and
dementia by providing high quality service in a cheerful, timely
manner and by communicating, coordinating, and cooperating with
others to attain goals. The dietary aide position is responsible
for providing nourishing food to residents, guests and employees
under sanitary conditions, adhering to state and health department
guidelines as directed and in accordance with established policies
and procedures.Job Duties & Responsibilities:Essential
FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Prepares food for patients and resident adhering to state
health department policies and safe food handling guidelines.
- Ensures food supplies are appropriate and communicate any order
needs to the Dietary Manager as necessary.
- Ensures a clean sanitary kitchen and workspace at all time
- Help supervises dietary assistant.Competencies
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Stress Management.Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a health
care setting. This role requires regular walking to various
locations around the hospital. This role also routinely comes into
contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses.Physical
DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active
and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all
day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 50
pounds.Position Type and Expected Hours of WorkThis is a part-time
position in a health care facility that is open 24 hours a day, 365
days a year. Rotating shifts as well as holiday and work during
inclement weather will be required.TravelNo travel is expected for
this positionMinimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two to three (1-2) years of experience in cooking, food
preparation and sanitationPreferred Education and Experience
- Experience with food prep in a health care setting.Additional
- Basic English reading and writing skills.
- Must be able to help prepare palatable foods that are
appetizing in appearance.
- Must have knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food,
principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food
handling.Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at
any time with or without notice.by Jobble
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Castle Rock , Dietary Aide, Other , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!