Company: Catholic Charities of Central Colorado, Inc.
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: June 21, 2022
To improve the life situation for families and individuals by
screening, assessing, and coordinating needed services. To foster a
welcoming atmosphere where clients are treated with dignity and
- Conduct initial screening and intake of clients to gather
information that identifies critical service needs. Inform the
client of services available through Catholic Charities or by
referral to another agency/partner for assistance with identified
- Conduct comprehensive client assessments to gather pertinent
information directed at concerns identified in the initial
- Work with clients to develop and document a service plan based
on the agreed upon goals, desired outcomes, and timeframes. Provide
appropriate services (or referral for services) and monitor results
of the service plan over time.
- Assist in the development of procedures, policies, programs,
and services designed to promote the skills and conditions
necessary for clients to achieve their goals.
- Perform data entry, including client plans and case management
notes, into EmpowOR or applicable agency case management database
in a timely, succinct, and accurate manner.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of client
- Direct clients to appropriate partner agencies both on and
- Maintain contacts and positive working relationships with
provider organizations to which clients are referred.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an accurate list of
- Coordinate and train volunteers on information and referral,
and initial screening and safety. Supervise volunteers, assign
tasks, and maintain documentation of hours and other required
- Schedule may include weekends and some holiday work.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work with people in crisis with a calm, positive,
and understanding attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people
representing a diverse range of socioeconomic levels while being
sensitive to cultural differences.
- Ability to use sound judgment within defined policies and
procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office
- Fluency in Spanish desired but not required.
- A majority of the assigned duties are performed in an office
- The employee is subject to both inside and outside
- Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with
disabilities to perform the described essential functions of this
This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to
be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or
working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be
an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for
making compensation decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in human services field or comparable work
- Experience with and sensitivity to issues affecting low income
and homeless populations.
- Volunteer management experience including training volunteers
to follow agency protocols in adherence to agency
- Demonstrated self-starter and ability to work independently
with little supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work within the established
structure of the Castle Rock Department and Catholic
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively, and multitask in a
time-sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply culturally appropriate skills in
interactions with clients, co-workers, volunteers, partner
agencies, and other community members.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), problem solving,
listening, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to form and
maintain positive work relationships.
- Interpersonal professional relationships which encourage
openness, candor and trust both internally and externally.
- Ability to utilize technology relative to the performance of
the areas of responsibility.
- Ability to travel by automobile, as needed, in the course of
- Occasional evenings and weekends are required to accommodate
meetings and special events.
- Part-Time: 25 hours per week
- Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Paid Time Off
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catholic Charities is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against
applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race
(including traits historically associated with race, such as hair
texture and length, protective hairstyles), sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin,
disability, military status, genetic information, or any other
status protected by applicable state or local law. This prohibition
includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected
classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct
which has the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with
an individual's work performance or creating an intimidating,
hostile, or offensive work environment.
Applicants and employees need not be Catholic. However all
employees are governed by Canon Law or the teachings of the
Keywords: Catholic Charities of Central Colorado, Inc., Castle Rock , Client Advocate, Other , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!