Events & Hospitality Planner
Company: Douglas County Libraries
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Closing Date: November 12, 2021Purpose: The Events & Hospitality
Planner is responsible for coordinating and supporting
externally-booked room reservations at Douglas County Libraries
(DCL) and all large scale internal staff events. This
service-oriented position works directly with external customers
providing satisfaction from planning and room reservation services
to on-site event coordination. This position is also responsible
for the coordination and onsite execution of DCL's largest internal
staff events. This intrinsically-motivated role executes logistics,
facilitates technology and audio/visual services, and acts as a DCL
host for both external and internal community customers during the
event.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:45% Event
- Assists with coordinating and planning external customer
meetings and events, and provides back-up support to the Events &
- Coordinates and plans large scale internal, staff events
through budget management, activity and presenter selection,
catering coordinating, assists with internal promotions of event
and communication messages and overall planning timeline
- Manages time and projects effectively. Resolves errors and
problems to ensure every event is properly set up, technology is
functional and special requests are fulfilled, thereby delivering
an event that exceeds customer expectations.
- Develops a familiarity with each DCL branch, anticipating and
remediating idiosyncrasies of each building, room and space,
including elevator systems, lock systems, door entries, parking,
and floor plans. Takes ownership of safety and security at each DCL
Branch outside normal business hours.
- Defines and understands multiple tiers of services available
for clients and events.
- Serves as event liaison, coordinating event logistics before,
during, and after event. Understands and anticipates customer
- Creates positive experiences for customers by effectively and
efficiently performing job tasks; presents a positive image of the
library in attitude, communications and appearance while performing
duties in both the public and staff areas.
- Demonstrates a professional, positive, cooperative,
team-oriented working relationship with staff, coworkers, and
- Transports and displays event decorations and specialized
equipment for birthday parties and other events.
- Collaborates and coordinates volunteers for games and programs
at birthday parties and other events.
- Cordially and professionally greets and hosts guests,
anticipates needs, and ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Serves as on-site host the entirety of event length, actively
looking for ways to improve event and help people, and checking in
with customer periodically to ensure event success.
- At event's conclusion, facilitate room clean up, resetting
furniture to original floorplan, and coordinates cleaning with
Porter to ensure room is ready for use.
- Plans internal DCL events to include research and contracting
support and onsite logistics execution.35% Administrative:
- Builds and maintains strong interpersonal relationships with
people outside the organization, representing the organization to
customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
- Communicates using excellent verbal and written skills to
facilitate transparent flow of information to internal and external
- Identifies complex problems and evaluates options to resolve
problems and remediate conflict.
- Maintains databases, filing system and organizational calendar.
Documents processes and recommends improvements.
- Provides excellent, responsive customer service to community
customers via telephone and through the online reservation process,
collecting accurate information, telephone inquiries, written
correspondence, and drafting event contracts. Acts and responds in
a consistent, timely manner with every customer.
- Assists with daily branch use of civic spaces including on-site
room reservations, site/branch calendar maintenance, and
communication regarding daily hosted events.
- Represents DCL and works at signature events.10% Team
- Leads and prioritizes all Event & Hospitality coordinator work
under the guidance of the Events & Hospitality Manager.
- Trains and mentors the Event & Hospitality coordinators and
provides feedback on progress to the Events & Hospitality
- Makes basic scheduling decisions for Event & Hospitality
coordinators as necessary.
- Leads team in special projects and coordinates areas of their
- Stays abreast of branch and district updates by reading emails,
meeting minutes or designated message boards.
- Attends department and branch meetings as assigned.10%
- Maintains expert knowledge and use of computers, Microsoft
Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Apple and PCs. Proficient in
software systems including room-floorplan, room-reservation, event
assignment, customer/contract/proposal system, and other
- Ability to learn new technology that is introduced in the
industry and the organization, as needed.
- Experience with facility rentals software.Performs other duties
as assigned.One DCL Commitment: It is an expectation of each
employee that you will exemplify Douglas County Libraries Brand,
Culture and Values of welcoming to all, continual growth and
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years' planning experience
- Valid Colorado Driver's License, good driving record and a
reliable vehicle to travel to a variety of Douglas County
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) preferredA combination of
experience and education will be considered.Physical Requirements:
Ability to drive between various branches. Must have the physical
ability, stamina, mobility and manual dexterity to support a 7-day
a week operation. Work at computer work-stations repetitively and
for extended periods. Participate in meetings and events at various
locations and at varied times throughout the day. Ability to read
as small as 8pt font.Job Type: Full-timePay: $24.04 - $28.85 per
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Weekend availabilityEducation:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)Experience:
- Events planning: 3 years (Preferred)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: Douglas County Libraries, Castle Rock , Events & Hospitality Planner, Other , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!