Network Engineer IV - Data & Implementation
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to
millions of users across the country. The NE IV leads in the
planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of
resource requirements for network systems of varying (moderate to
high) complexity. Follows corporate standards, develops and
implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for
improvement. Responsible for implementation of approved network
architecture and designs. Leads in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads in network planning, network architecture design and
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical
- Implements approved methods of procedure.
- Working with firewalls; ASA and SRX
- Experience load balancing; F5 and A10
- Highly skilled in Network Operations
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify
and enhance the customer experience.
- Implements and assists in designing corporate standards,
develops and implements network enhancements and makes
recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity
surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member,
regularly as a project team lead.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staffBASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum Six (6) years Data network experience - Cisco and/or
Juniper.ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Routing / Switching
- Ability to produce MOPS and BOMS
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and
transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols
and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to
support the current operations
- Experience with network devices and basic network
- Strong experience with network designing software, such as
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP or
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
(Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education;
negotiations begin at $72200
For more information on Spectrum's benefits, please click .
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Castle Rock , Network Engineer IV - Data & Implementation, Other , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!