Principal Engineer I - DOCSIS Capacity
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: October 11, 2020
Works with technical operations staff on system design and
configuration of CMTS and OLT s. Also responsible for engineering
activities that maintain and enhance the company's
telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and
electrical systems. Works with design teams and advises team
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and
enhance the company's telecommunications and signal processing
hardware, software and electrical systems
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots
systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and
documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional
personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards
and documentation are met.
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.BASIC / MINIMUM
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years Engineering work experience with
CMTS and OLT
- Minimum of four (4) years DOCSIS / CMTS Deployment /
Implementation Engineering experience
- Minimum of two (2) years basic Project management, or AGILE
work experienceADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated Advanced level understanding of Arris, CASA,
Cisco, Nokia and Adtran platforms
- DOCSIS Engineering Professional Course Certificate
- DOCSIS Technical MOP Writing and Deployment Experience
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.),
Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture,
protocols, network topology, TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Adept to perform duties in a very fast pace environment learn
new technology quickly, and use software applications.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person,
writing or on the phone, in a clear, straight-forward, and
professional mannerPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced Demonstrated Knowledge of DOCSIS technology and
CMTS/OLT platforms as well as company products and services
- Knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Knowledge in using ticketing and software tools, network
devices and basic network appliances to support the current
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
(Cisco, Arris, CASA, Nokia, Adtran
Keywords: Spectrum, Castle Rock , Principal Engineer I - DOCSIS Capacity, Other , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!