If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process.
Full Time Castle Rock, CO, US
4 days ago Requisition ID: 1339
ATNi’s US Telecom division has a vision of enriching the lives
of rural Americans by bringing superior communications services to
all. Here, we truly believe that everyone deserves to be connected
and we are determined that no person is denied access to modern
communications services simply because they live in rural America.
Our employees strive, every day, to bring connectivity solutions to
areas that others have left behind. In order to do that, we have
built an exceptional team of people that are tenacious, creative,
customer-focused, proud, and cost conscious – could you be the next
to join the team and make a major impact on lives across
ATNi is looking to add a self-motivated Senior RF Design
Engineer with exceptional analytic, interpersonal, and
communication skills to the team! The right candidate for this
position will possess the demonstrated flexibility to attempt
alternate solutions to resolve issues and seamlessly adjust to a
dynamic, changing business environment and will be able to work
efficiently and independently.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer
• Minimum 7 years’ of relevant work experience in the cellular
or telecommunications industry.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including knowledge of VB
macro creation and worksheet manipulation in Excel, and PowerPoint
• Solid knowledge of RF theory and practice as well as LTE/VoLTE
• Good understanding of LTE network KPIs and key parameters.
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer
• Ten or more years of experience in the cellular or
telecommunications industry with direct experience in RF Design &
• Experience in Design & Optimization of LTE/VoLTE networks.
• Knowledge of propagation modeling software such as Planet EV,
Atoll etc. – Expert level experience in Atoll a plus.
• Expert model tuning experience.
• Proficiency in office computer applications: Various RF tools
such as Mapinfo, post-processing software etc., Knowledge of SQL
scripting, VB Scripting, other professional software.
• Ability to develop software tools and scripts to maximize
efficiencies for analyzing data and performing data integrity
• Desirable programming languages are: Visual Basic or any other
high level language
• Experience with QxDM, TEMS, Nemo, Actix, JDSU E6474A
• Experience with ZTE, ALU, Nokia, Ericsson, Cambium, and
Ubiquiti wireless infrastructures
• RF Design and planning for Commnet/Geoverse RAN Networks,
which includes RF analysis, search area issuance, candidate
assessment, and approvals.
• Redesigning mature network areas to minimize capacity
constraints and improve SINR while working with other areas of
network to ensure performance fixes/initiatives are in place.
• Partnering with System Performance to improve various Network
• Leading/contributing to improve Process Flow and optimizing
the flow to achieve higher efficiency.
• Performing Macro 4G design including antenna selection and
placement, utilizing knowledge of GSM, UMTS, HSPA+,FDD and TDD LTE,
CDMA 1x, EVDO, Small Cell/DAS, WISP design and microwave to
contribute in network design are key responsibilities.
• Supporting the investigation and resolution of customer
• Providing leadership and direction to your team as well as
other network teams.
• Interacting with cross functional teams to deploy and optimize
components for best efficiency and reliability.
• Providing subject matter expertise. Helping train new team
members and mentoring current engineers. Providing presentations to
other groups as required.
• Taking ownership of issues and driving them to resolution.
ATNi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and