Specialty Team Leader (Beer, Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Department Manager)
Company: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P.
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: July 25, 2022
Provides overall leadership to the Specialty team. Responsible
for all aspects of daily operations including profitability,
expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory
compliance, and special projects as assigned. Leads and develops
Associate Team Leaders and Team Members. Accountable for Team
Member hiring, development, corrective actions and separations. All
Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company
image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to
customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be
performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating
Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to
perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions.
All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals,
promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and
ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations
including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the
- Holds ATLs, supervisors, and Team Members accountable for
delivering outstanding customer service.
- Defines and develops clear expectations to achieve the highest
standards of retail execution.
- Effectively delegates to and empowers ATLs and Team
- Accountable for monitoring and achieving sales, margin,
expense, and labor targets.
- Maintains proper product assortment, merchandising, and
- Ensures products are cross-merchandised in accordance with
regional and global guidelines.
- Ensures adherence to category management schedule and
- Ensures nutritional aspects are displayed correctly.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative and productive working
relationship with departmental and store leadership.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of and ensures compliance
with relevant regulatory rules and standards.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs
Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers;
responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels
Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
- Communicates and maintains Team Member safety and security
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.Job
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge and awareness of
relevant competitors and industry trends.
- Advanced knowledge of products, buying, pricing, merchandising,
and inventory management.
- Food safety certification. If not currently certified, will
commit to completing certification within 6 months.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and
customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
- Thorough product knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial
performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and
ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and
- 24+ months retail experience including 12+ months of team
leadership experience.Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Where applicable,TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures by
Servers of Alcohol) course completion required and must be age 18
years of age or older to serve alcohol.Note:The purpose of this
document is to provide a general summary of essential
responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive
list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements
for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through
the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be
required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for
that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities
may differ for similar positions based on business conditions,
departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the
particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.The wage range for this position is $22.40 -
$38.10 Hourly, commensurate with experience. Whole Foods Market
offers "Whole Benefits". Whole Benefits may include health
insurance, retirement plan benefits, eligibility for a store
discount, paid time off and access to other benefit programs.
Eligibility for Whole Benefits is determined under the terms of the
applicable Whole Benefits plan at a person's date of hire.At Whole
Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity
for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any
other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires
and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the
position to be filled and business needs.
Keywords: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P., Castle Rock , Specialty Team Leader (Beer, Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Department Manager), Hospitality & Tourism , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!