Pharmacy Technician / Pharm Tech Apprenticeship
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Job Description:Our pharmacy technician positions have undergone
an exciting transformation, moving from a transaction-based
environment to a much more patient-centric one. As a Walgreens
Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Technician Apprentice, you'll be
front and center interacting with our customers and developing
strong patient relationships. Pharmacy is the core of our business,
and our pharmacy technicians enjoy all the tools and support
including the latest technology to grow their careers and reach
their goals.Walgreens is proud to invest & champion an earn while
you learn Pharmacy Technician Training Program recognized by ASHP &
Department of Labor. This apprenticeship program gives you an entry
point to a career in health care by guiding you in taking steps
towards becoming a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
Certified Pharmacy Technician and helping you maintain the high
level of skill required in the pharmacy care industry. Arming you
with a nationally recognized, portable credential that will help
you advance your career.Whether you are new to working in
pharmacies or are an experienced Pharmacy Technician Apply Now!
Walgreens will train you to use your skills and talents to serve
and care for our patients and customers. The courses, learning
activities, and resources provided to you in our pharmacy
technician training program are designed to give you foundational
and advanced knowledge, skills, and on-the-job experiences you need
to prepare to become a certified pharmacy technician.
- In accordance with state and federal regulations, assists the
pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy.
Assists the pharmacist in the performance of other Pharmacy
Department duties in accordance with Company policies and
- Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and
drug information and process prescriptions. If PTCB certified,
assists with and coaches pharmacy technicians in the operation of
pharmacy systems and cashiers in the operation of the pharmacy cash
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering
assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and
answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team
members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer
experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye
contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g.,
offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until
- Develops strong relationships with most valuable
- Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice
of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy.
Reviews and complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of
- Performs duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager, Staff
Pharmacist and Store Manager including utilizing pharmacy systems
to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is
entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting
and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct,
and checking for possible interactions. Assists pharmacists in
scheduling and maintaining work flow.
- Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty
and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to
pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good
Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription dispensing
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales
on assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required.
Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention
of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- Processes (corrects and resubmits) manual claims for third
party program prescription services in a timely and efficient
manner, and performs other clerical duties, as assigned by the
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory
management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking and
storing shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company
asset protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse
overages (merchandise received, but not billed), shortages
(merchandise billed, but not received), order errors or damaged
goods involving Rx drugs.
- May assist pharmacist in administering clinical services
including the collection and proper labeling of blood/urine samples
from patients and other clinical services as required; assists
pharmacy staff in coordination of clinical services, Walgreens
healthcare clinics and external providers.
- Assists Pharmacy Manager and Staff Pharmacist in developing and
maintaining good relationships with the local medical community,
including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers, by
medical provider detailing and outreach to health groups,
retirement homes, nursing homes, and other forums for enhancing
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring the
Pharmacy Department is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat
and orderly in condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains
respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as
assigned.Training & Personal Development
- Earns and maintains PTCB certification through the designated
PTCB training program and/or state required
certification/registration. Otherwise, earns PTCB certification as
condition of promotion to senior technician.
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager and
acquires continuing education credits. Maintains knowledge and
skill in healthcare and pharmacy, including latest news and
- Through completion of the Walgreens pharmacy technician
apprenticeship program, experience qualifies for eight (8) college
credit hours as recognized by the American Council on Education
(ACE). This course is recommended for 3 semester hours at the
lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category and 5
semester hours in the upper-division baccalaureate degree category
for a total of 8 semester hours.Job ID: 919579BRTitle: Pharmacy
Technician / Pharm Tech ApprenticeshipCompany Indicator:
WalgreensEmployment Type: Full-timeJob Function: RetailFull Store
Address: 355 S WILCOX ST,CASTLE ROCK,CO,80104Full District Office
Address: 355 S WILCOX ST,CASTLE ROCK,CO,80104-01914-06987-SExternal
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
(Except in Puerto Rico)Preferred Qualifications:
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
- Prefer good math skills so they can fill prescriptions
accurately, including counting, measuring and weighing
- Prefer good computer skills.
- Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.
- Prefer PTCB certification.The following information is
applicable for San Francisco, CA applicants: Pursuant to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment
qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.An Equal
Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.The following
information is applicable to Colorado only, in accordance with the
Colorado Pay Equity Act. Please review the available benefits and
salary available for this position by clicking here:
jobs.walgreens.com/benefits . Walgreens will provide applicants in
other states with information related to the position, to the
extent required by state or local law, by calling
1-866-967-5492.Shift: VariousStore: 06987-CASTLE ROCK CO
Keywords: Walgreens, Castle Rock , Pharmacy Technician / Pharm Tech Apprenticeship, Hospitality & Tourism , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!