Deli Department Manager D8 KS132
Company: King Soopers
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Department: KS Deli/BakeryPost End Date:Position Type:
EmployeePosition Reports To: Store ManagementPosition Supervises:
N/APay Level:FLSA Status: Non-ExemptPosition Summary:Embrace the
Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience
through exceptional service. Establish & maintain a safe & clean
environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales
& profit goals established for the department, & monitor & control
all established quality assurance st&ards. Direct, support &
supervise all functions, duties & activities for the Deli
department. Role model & demonstrate the company's core values of
respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion & safety of
others.Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust & respect among associates while communicating
company, department, & job specific information.
- Collaborate with associates to promote teamwork & encourage
accomplishment of goals/st&ards.
- Establish performance goals for department & empower associates
to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume
throughout hours of operation.
- Train & develop associates on performance of their job &
participate in the performance appraisal process
- Adhere to all local, state & federal laws, & company
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome,
important & appreciated. Inform customers of deli specials &
recommend deli items to them to ensure they get the products they
want & need.
- Gain & maintain knowledge of products sold within the
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered &
the correct portion size to prevent shrink; Slice deli meats &
cheeses using proper deli equipment.
- Use all equipment in deli such as the fryer, rotisserie, heat
lamps, & ovens according to company guidelines.
- Partner with store management to develop & implement a
department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Prepare & submit seasonal critiques for the sales &
- Implement the period promotional plan for the department.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal & special ads.
- Monitor & control expenses for the department.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department
budget, profit & loss reviews, & take appropriate action on all
- Schedule daily, weekly & monthly price changes by updating
shelf tags & promotional signs.
- Plan, organize & supervise the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations & guidelines: Prepare
foods according to the food temperature logs & follow cooking
instructions; Ensure proper temperatures in cases & coolers are
maintained & recorded.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures &
identify & notify store management of unsafe conditions.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting
equipment & notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, & illegal activity,
including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this
position with or without reasonable accommodation.Minimum Position
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to h&le stressful situations
- Current food h&lers permit, once employedDesired Previous
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Retail experience
- Deli experience
- Second language: speaking, reading &/or writingLeadership
Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops
Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with
Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive
Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the
Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership
Behavior model, click here.Education Level: NoneRequired Travel: Up
to 25%Required Certifications/Licenses: NoneRegions:
Keywords: King Soopers, Castle Rock , Deli Department Manager D8 KS132, Hospitality & Tourism , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!