Pharmacy IV Technician - Lone Tree, CO - 40 hours
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: May 27, 2023
-SEIU Local 105 - $24.12 - $27.37 -"May be entitled to
translation/bilingual, shift or other wage premiums as governed by
the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Please refer to the
respective collective bargaining agreement for additional
information on such wage premiums:
https://www.lmpartnership.org/local-contracts." - - - - -Assists in
the provision of drug therapy through compounding infusion of
medications, antigen injections, chemotherapy and related supplies;
related information system update; and inventory and storage of
related supplies and medications. Makes members/patients and their
needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains
productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information
to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations,
and needs. Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with
members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect
members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves
problems. -Essential Responsibilities:
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente
quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures.
Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical
practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers,
and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and
provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications,
procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including
consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs.
Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working
- Prepares infusion medications, under the supervision of a
pharmacist according to accepted sterile compounding procedures.
Enters medication and patient demographics into information system
according to procedure. Completes the process in accordance with
standards, and coordinates delivery of medication.
- Places orders, restocks shelves, compiles monthly cost
statistics, and completes medication audits according to
- Maintains and tracks equipment used in the administration of
- Assists I.V. Pharmacy supervisor and pharmacists in providing
instruction to others (e.g., students, new employees, rotating
- Provides staffing support to other KP Pharmacies as needed.
Assists with special projects and related activities as
- Candidate must rotate to all IV locations (Rock Creek,
Oncology, Franklin Oncology, Englewood Infusion Center, Franklin
Outpatient pharmacy, and Home IV Pharmacy (CSS).
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for
consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined
by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as
well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also
accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills,
abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and
culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to
purchasers, contracted providers and vendors. -Basic
- Minimum one (1) year of pharmacy technician work experience -
OR - one (1) year of experience working as a Kaiser Colorado
Pharmacy Clerk - OR - completion of a pharmacy technician-training
program of at least five (5) months which included a community
practice rotation - OR - certification by a nationally recognized
- High School graduation or equivalent.License, Certification,
- Certification or provisional certification by the Colorado
State Board of Pharmacy. -Additional Requirements:
- Ability to perform basic calculations required to determine
compounding procedures for specific IV medications.
- Must pass an internal USP 797 calculations test (=75%).
- Ability to prepare sterile IV fluids, including chemotherapy
using proper aseptic technique and/or cytotoxic handling
- Knowledge of IV infusion and IV catheter care supplies and
- Effective oral communication skills with patients, providers,
- Basic math skills, computing skills, and knowledge of medical
and pharmaceutical terminology.
- Ability to perform a variety of technical procedures to assist
as needed in providing pharmacy services, including processing
prescription refills, entering prescription information into
computer, filling outpatient prescriptions, and cash
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Must authorize a D.E.A. drug screening.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities
and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
- N/A -1 year sterile compounding experience
required.PrimaryLocation : Colorado,Lone Tree,Lone Tree Medical
OfficesHoursPerWeek : 40Shift : VariableWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed,
Thu, FriWorkingHoursStart : 07:00 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PMJob
Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : C01-SEIU-Local 105Job
Level : Entry LevelJob Category : PharmacyDepartment : Lone Tree
Medical Offices - Clinical Pharm- Oncology - 1608Travel : Yes, 10 %
of the TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Castle Rock , Pharmacy IV Technician - Lone Tree, CO - 40 hours, Healthcare , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...