Nursing Professional Development Consultant
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: March 12, 2023
--Salary Range: --$49.42/hour - $58.13/hour--Assists in
identifying, planning and implementing training programs and
curriculum using an evidence-based approach to promote the ability
of staff in delivering high quality, patient centered and
cost-effective healthcare while maximizing scope of practice for
ambulatory care team members. Programs and curriculum will be
designed to optimize the knowledge and skills of team members so
that they can competently deliver core nursing services,
proficiently support clinicians in managing their practice and
prepare for new models of care delivery or changes in practice.
Supports nursing team, including senior leadership in providing
transformational leadership to achieve performance against national
quality benchmarks.--Essential Responsibilities:
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente
quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures.
Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical
practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers,
and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and
provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications,
procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including
consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs.
Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working
- Develops and delivers high quality, cost effective educational
programs with content that is evidence based and follows standards
of care and practice and is in alignment with Kaiser Permanente
policies and procedures.
- Develops material, education tactics, and programs that are
based on adult learning principles and take into account
novice-to-expert framework of skill development and knowledge
- Implements instructional and curriculum design skills; ensures
methodology selected is appropriate for topic and audience and
assists others in instructional design.
- Coordinates, manages and assures continuum of education from
orientation through annual required updates to include continuing
education for nursing and unlicensed support staff in ambulatory
care to include scheduling and coaching various
presenters/trainers; evaluating presentations; providing feedback
to presenters/trainers; and implementing suggestions for
improvement of programs.
- Analyzes regional educational needs and priorities using a
shared decision-making model to include key operational care
delivery leaders, lead clinicians, labor leaders and appropriate
- Assists nurse managers in identification of performance gaps in
maintaining standards, work environment factors, standard
performance evaluation criteria/processes and effective training
strategies to impact and maintain performance outcomes.
- Assists in developing, providing and facilitating department
train-the trainer sessions and providing peer leadership to
trainers and other nursing professional development consultants as
- Delegates, in collaboration with operational care delivery,
(Managers, Medical Office Administrator's, Area Administrators)
regional trainings to service area/dept.
- Leads regional redesign work and professional development
projects; actively communicates with all key stakeholders and
ensures training and development projects achieve intended
milestones and goals according to defined timelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.--Basic
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience in acute care,
ambulatory care, or case/population management.
- Minimum one (1) year leadership experience (Nursing Supervisor
- Minimum one (1) year of education experience.Education
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required.License, Certification,
- Registered Nurse currently licensed in the state of
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional nursing principles,
practices, and procedures as applied to the care of patients in
different settings, strong customer focused skills, strong
interpersonal skills and ability to successfully resolve
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE); Project Management.
- Master's degree in nursing preferred.Job Schedule: Job
Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Castle Rock , Nursing Professional Development Consultant, Healthcare , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...