Medical Assistant / Scribe
Company: Advanced Dermatology
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionClassification: HourlyPay Rate: 18.00 to $20.00
based on experience and proficiencyDepartment: General Dermatology
Castle Rock / Centennial Reports to: Aurora and Centennial Clinical
ManagersMedical Assistant/Scribe Essential Job Duties:
- Prepare for clinic day (exam rooms, iPads, laptops, LN2). Close
down rooms at end of day.
- Create visit note, ascertain chief complaint(s), review of
systems, and personal history/family history/medications/allergies
with patient and input any changes.
- Enter MIPS data: smoking/pneumonia vaccine/advance care
plan/flu vaccine/melanoma patients.
- Review and enter PHS forms for all patients.
- Perform various tests, set up and assist with
biopsies/surgeries, draw up medications, and perform
- Document in proper log books for biopsies and all testing done,
and maintain accuracy.
- Perform wound checks/suture removals and create notes for
- Complete iPledge paperwork and register or confirm patients in
iPledge Scan and attach all pertinent documentation provided by the
- Communicate continuation of care with patient as directed by
- Complete letter log for patients with referring physicians as
well as indicating when a biopsy has been performed.
- Maintain necessary supplies for clinic.
- Clean, sterilize instruments, and wash and fold laundry.
- Restock and clean exam rooms and lab station as needed.
- Schedule patient appointments as necessary.
- Scribe duties include documenting all aspects of the patient's
visit as directed by the doctor.
- Maintaining a clean work environment.Education, Experience, and
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant Diploma or Certified Nursing Assistant
- At least one year of patient care experience in a medical
- Bachelors of science or biology will be considered.
- Must be proficient with verbal and written communication.
- Must be reliable and able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and flexibility.
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records) preferred.
- EMR, iPad, computer knowledge preferred.
- Must be reliable and a self-starter.
- Proficient with written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Compliant with HIPAA and OSHA.Supervisory Responsibility:This
position has no supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment:This
job operates in a professional medical environment. This role
routinely uses standard office and medical equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, fax machines,
ultrasonic, and autoclave.Physical Demands:This is an active role.
This job requires walking or standing for long periods of time.
Some bending and lifting may be necessary.Position Type and
Expected Hours of Work:This is a full-time 32-40 hour/week
position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:15
a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Saturday 7:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Travel:To other
office locations as requiredBenefits:Full-time employees are
offered Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, paid holidays, vacation,
and sick leave. Other Duties:Please note this job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time with or without notice. Powered by
Keywords: Advanced Dermatology, Castle Rock , Medical Assistant / Scribe, Healthcare , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!