Medical Assistant- Castle Pines *$1,000 for new hi
Company: OnPoint Medical Group
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionOnPoint Medical Group is searching for an
outstanding Medical Assistant to join our team at Castle Pines
Urgent Care and Family Practice! Come join a great group of medical
professionals as our network continues to grow!OnPoint Medical
Group is a physician-led network of skilled Primary and Urgent care
providers who are committed to expanding access to quality
healthcare in the most effective and affordable manner possible.Our
"Circle of Care" has one primary goal – to ensure the health and
wellness of members and their families. We do this by providing
access to a comprehensive menu of medical services from one unified
physician group in their neighborhoods. With doctors, nurses,
specialists, labs and medical records all interlinked and
coordinated, patient care has never been in better hands.The back
office Medical Assistant assists the provider (Physician, Physician
Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) in examination and treatment of
patients by performing the following duties.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities:The following statements are illustrative of the
essential duties of the job and do not include other nonessential
or peripheral duties that may be required. We retain the right to
modify or change the essential and additional functions of the job
at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Completes intake by welcoming patients and prepares patients
for healthcare visit by placing patient in exam room, obtains
medical history and verifies patient's information.
- Responsible for documenting a full and accurate set of vital
- Populates all sections of the electronic medical record timely
and accurately, including but not limited to allergies,
medications, vaccines, social history and quality tab.
- Assists providers during examination and treatment, performing
point of care tests appropriate to skill level, certifications and
- Maintains supplies in storage areas and exam rooms.
- Disinfects, cleans treatment rooms following patient
examinations; Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment
by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying
with legal regulations.
- Conducts business in a service-oriented manner that is
attentive, cooperative, sensitive and respectful with all patients,
visitors and colleagues.
- Responsible for pre-visit planning per the standard operating
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator
temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen,
- Responsible to checking and addressing voicemails multiple
times during the working day.
- Responsible for addressing inbox messages (buckets) in the
electronic medical record for providers, provider staff and
- Back-up front office when needed including check in, check out,
appointment scheduling and answering phones.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with vendors that
support the practice.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for all internal and external
- Ability to communicate appropriately with awareness of
surroundings and audience.
- Attends trainings and meetings as
required.Competencies:Communication: Communicates well, delivers
presentations, has good listening skillsComputer Skills: Skilled
with computers, takes advantage of new technology, learns new tools
quickly, uses technology to enhance job performanceConflict
Management: Good listener, committed to finding solution to
problems, works well with difficult peopleCustomer Service: Works
well with customers, promotes a positive image of the company,
strives to solve issues raised by customersDependability: Meets
deadlines, works independently, accountable, maintains focus,
punctual, good attendance recordEthics: Honest, accountable,
maintains confidentialityInterpersonal Skills: Builds strong
relationships, is flexible/adaptable, works well with others,
solicits feedbackJob Knowledge: Understands facets of job, aware of
duties and responsibilities, keeps job knowledge currentProblem
Solving: Strives to understands contributing factors, works to
resolve complex situationsQuality: Strives to eliminate errors,
accurate work is a priority, seeks opportunities to improve
product/servicesSense of Urgency: Meets deadlines, establishes
appropriate priority, gets the job done in a timely mannerTeamwork:
Accountable to team, works to meet established deliverables,
appreciates view of team members, respectfulSelf Development: Looks
for opportunities to increase knowledge, works to increase
responsibility, strives to achieve personal goals Success
- Ability to complete individual assigned tasks as well as
completing the tasks for the success of the clinic.
- Works well with people and can display empathy
- Ability to actively listen and respond appropriately.
- Accurately maintains medical records for patients and
provider.Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited healthcare program, i.e.
Medical Assistant, CNA, LPN, EMT or equivalent work experience
- Maintain certifications per state guidelines
- Nationally recognized as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Strong computer skills required. EMR experience preferred
- Some MA Experience required
- Current BLS cardPreferred Education/Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in Family or Pediatrics
- Athenahealth practice management system Supervisory
Responsibility:This position has no supervision responsibilities.
Job Elements and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch,
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move more than 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.The above
statements describe the general nature and level of work performed
by people assigned to this classification. They are not an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.OnPoint Medical Group is and EEO
- Health insurance plan options for you and your dependents
- Dental, and Vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Company Paid life insurance
- Voluntary options for short-term disability, and long-term
- AFLAC Plans
- FSA options
- Eligible for 401(k) after 6 months of employment with a 4%
match that vests immediately
- Paid Time-Off earnedSalary: $18 - $24 / hourlyThe estimate
displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired.
Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may
include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have
and comparison to other employees already in this role.
Keywords: OnPoint Medical Group, Castle Rock , Medical Assistant- Castle Pines *$1,000 for new hi, Healthcare , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!