Veterinary Technician (PT)-COLORADO ONLY
Company: Southern Veterinary Partners
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: May 7, 2022
The Animal Care Center of Castle Pines is located in Castle
Pines, Colorado and has been serving the community for 17 years. We
are a full-service animal hospital providing veterinary care to
dogs and cats and offer services such as routine medical, surgical,
and dental care. Here at the Animal Care Center of Castle Pines,
our friendly and compassionate staff take great pride in providing
the best possible care and service to our clients and their pet. We
look at every client and pet as extended members of our family and
cherish every opportunity to provide the TLC you and your pets
deserve. If you are a passionate and caring team player please
apply today! The Veterinary Technician (Vet Tech) is responsible
for assisting Veterinarians in the care of animals. The Vet Tech
helps during patient examinations and surgical procedures by
restraining animals when necessary, stocking examination and
surgery rooms with supplies, sterilizing tools and ensuring that
equipment is in working order. Vet Techs also communicate with
clients (pet owners) and update patient files. This position may
perform an initial evaluation of the animal's condition, clean and
wrap wounds, check vital statistics, collect samples and administer
- Assist doctors with appointments, surgery, and client education
per hospital policy.
- Perform initial evaluation of the pet's condition and advise
doctor regarding nature of visit, preventative care due and client
- Obtain and prepare laboratory samples as requested by the
veterinarian, i.e. urine, fecal and ear cytology.
- Notify the doctor of lab results in a timely fashion.
- Restrain animals in a safe, efficient and compassionate manner
during examinations and procedures.
- Prepare and set up for surgical procedures while utilizing
knowledge of proper sterile field requirements.
- Monitor recovery of surgery patients and communicate with
owners per hospital policy.
- Accurately prepare and dispense medications as directed by the
doctor, ensuring that medications are added to the pet's record and
appropriately charged to the client.
- Know vaccination guidelines within the hospital and administer
vaccinations under the direction of the doctor.
- Monitor hospitalized pets and perform treatments as directed by
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records
and communicate with clients and teammates.
- Associates Degree in Veterinary -Technology required
- Experience as a Veterinary Technician, preferred.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT,
LVT, or LVMT).
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of
Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be
able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast
paced and challenging environment.
- Medical procedures and animal handling will be trained
thoroughly on the job; however, excellent communication skills, a
sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is
- Must be dependable, demonstrate strong work ethic, and a
willingness to learn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Pay range of $16.00-$25.00/hour
- Competitive salary, based on experience and expertise
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- A large network of over 5,000 veterinary professionals who all
share common interest in promoting a collaborative working
environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while -tackling
-a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals
-among a great team of people!#LVTSJ
Keywords: Southern Veterinary Partners, Castle Rock , Veterinary Technician (PT)-COLORADO ONLY, Healthcare , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!