Veterinary Rehabilitation Technician-COLORADO ONLY
Company: Southern Veterinary Partners
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: May 7, 2022
The Animal Care Center of Castle Pines is located in Castle
Pines, Colorado and has been serving the community for 17 years. We
are a full-service animal hospital providing veterinary care to
dogs and cats and offer services such as routine medical, surgical,
and dental care. Here at the Animal Care Center of Castle Pines,
our friendly and compassionate staff take great pride in providing
the best possible care and service to our clients and their pet. We
look at every client and pet as extended members of our family and
cherish every opportunity to provide the TLC you and your pets
deserve. If you are a passionate and caring team player please
apply today! Sign On Bonus offered at this location -The Veterinary
Rehab Technician is responsible for assessing and treating patients
based on the diagnosis from the veterinarian. This is an
independant role, with the rehab tech running the appointment with
the owner to facillitate the therapy. Each rehab patient receives a
customized therapy plan from the physical therapist. The rehab tech
is responsible for providing the prescribed treatment to the pet
and work with the PT to advance them through the program. The rehab
tech also communicates with clients (pet owners) and trains them in
at home rehab excercises for their pets. and update patient files.
- Follow the rehab plan for each patient, keep accurate records.
- Maintain rehab gym equipment
- Participate in group rounds and training to facillitate better
medicine for our patients. -
- Work with the PTs to graduate patients through the program.
- Ability to recognize when a patient is painful and needs to be
reevaluted by the doctor. -
- Prepare and set up for surgical procedures while utilizing
knowledge of proper sterile field requirements.
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records
and communicate with clients and teammates.
- Rehab certificate (CCRP/CCRT) required or nearing completion of
- Experience as a Veterinary Technician, preferred.
- Flexible schedule including some weekend shifts
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of
Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be
able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast
paced and challenging environment.
- Rehab procedures and animal handling will be trained thoroughly
on the job; however, excellent communication skills, a sense of
urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is required.
- Must be dependable, demonstrate strong work ethic, and a
willingness to learn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Pay range of $16.00-$25.00/hour
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays) - for eligible
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 5,000 veterinary professionals who all
share common interest in promoting a collaborative working
environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while -tackling
-a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals
-among a great team of people!#LVTSJ
Keywords: Southern Veterinary Partners, Castle Rock , Veterinary Rehabilitation Technician-COLORADO ONLY, Healthcare , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!