Director, Network Operations System
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: May 12, 2022
This website is AudioEye enabled and is being optimized for
accessibility. To open the AudioEye Toolbar, press shift + =. The
toolbar contains the followingThe AudioEye Help Desk to report
accessibility and usability related issues.The AudioEye
Certification Statement to explain the ongoing web accessibility
and usability enhancements for this website.The Player tool to
listen to this site read aloud. The Player is not intended as a
substitute for your screen reader. If you are unable to complete
this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask
for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Director, Network Operations System Regular Full-Time Management
Castle Rock, CO, US 30+ days ago Requisition ID: 1558 Please note,
presentation of acceptable documentation of a COVID-19 vaccination
or testing will be required at the time of employment for this
position subject to legally valid exemptions.
The Director, Network Operations Systems plays a key role in the
ATN International Engineering Shared Services organization. The
organization is focused on delivering world class engineering and
operations services to our customers. We do this by providing high
quality cellular voice and data network infrastructure.The NOC
Director position is critical to managing the Network Operations
Center and the day to day stability of the Network. This position
will manage several teams including the NOC, Technical Support and
Translations Engineering while developing and overseeing Network
Quality Assurance initiatives to achieve greater network
reliability and improved customer service results. The position is
responsible for various facets of network operations in support of
the local management team and is also accountable for network
availability results and performance. This position reports to the
Vice President - Network Support Services and performs varied tasks
of moderate complexity requiring the application of standard
procedures and criteria. This person will need to demonstrate a
high degree of leadership for both internal and external customers.
This person will provide direction and will serve as a point of
escalation in regards to outages and troubleshooting problems of
cellular network voice and data equipment and transport networks.
This position provides technical direction to ensure necessary
alignment across multiple focus areas both internal and external to
deliver services in a timely manner.A typical day would include
oversight and direct monitoring of wireless, cellular, microwave,
data core and corresponding backhaul/transport networks; Tier 1 and
Tier 2 technical support, identifying and coordinating solutions
for real and perceived network events, and ensuring appropriate
actions are assigned and performed. Full accountability is expected
for all NOC actions and activities performed in this 24-hour,
365-day operation. -The ideal candidate will have a proven
background in results-driven leadership techniques that deliver
results through others and build a cohesive group of knowledgeable
network technical support experts.Basic Qualifications:
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- 5-7 years of experience with Network Operations, Installation,
Test, and Turn-up of a variety of cellular telecommunication
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage
- A technical background with experience on the latest generation
of wireless technologies.
- Must have a high degree of experience and/or knowledge of at
least two of the four major Operational disciplines. Those
technical disciplines are: Management, Transmission
(DS1/DS3/SONET), TCP/IP (routers/higher---layer protocols), and
Cellular Network Operations.
- Must have PC skills and be well versed in Microsoft Windows and
Office applications. -
- Ability to quickly learn corporate databases.
- On-call 24x7 is required as dictated by the business.Preferred
- 7 years of experience with at least 5+ years in direct
management of employees
- College Degree in management, electronics, telecommunications
or other engineering disciplineResponsibilities:
- Builds a high performance team responsible for maintaining
Network stability and managing resolution including cellular and
data network restoration.
- Ensures performance results meet or exceed established service
levels; on-time performance for service repairs and network
- Evaluates situational events using alternative analysis,
innovation, and good judgment to make effective decisions to
increase network availability and performance.
- Responsible for the development and communication of reports
for Network Health, outages, MOPs and Routine Maintenance with
upper level management.
- Responsible for the development and standardization of NOC
processes and procedures.
- Responsible for the development, documentation and
communication all network activity.
- Responsible for accurately analyzing trends in trouble
- Responsible for MOPs relating to routine diagnostics, growth,
and upgrade activity are accurately tracked and communicated.
- Reviews and monitors all system performance reports, scheduling
necessary actions to avoid system degradation and customer service
- Responsible for the development and standardization of alarm
profiles for all network elements. -
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive
vendor contact and escalation list.
- Coordinate and conduct routine operational support committee
- Provide 24/7 technical support for NOC as needed.
- Provides root cause analysis of chronic or repeat trouble
reports, and catastrophic outages.
- Create and identify additional Network Measurements/Metrics
that will show Performance Metrics are in line with Quality of
Service goals and Service Level Agreement (SLA) guarantees.
- Support optimization of the networks through diagnoses and
resolving repetitive network problems by analyzing network
characteristics and recommending additions, removals, and
modifications to the network topology.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for
network improvements (identifying single point of failures,
hardware improvements and/or diversification opportunities).
- Frequently interfaces with Network Engineering and Network
Operations to identify, review and ensure network improvement
efforts are on time and in line with company goals.
- Facilitate reviews, audits, definitions, updates and
implementation on Engineering and Operations work.
- Assist in developing and managing a preventative maintenance
plan that will be reviewed and implemented monthly, quarterly and
annually with a project completion verification and schedule
coordinated with Engineering and Operations.About the
Company:Commnet, based in Castle Rock, Colorado, is focused on
closing the digital divide in Rural America and Tribal Lands in the
Western U.S. Commnet has a long and rich history of deploying
communications in parts of America where there were no or few
options. The Company's initial focus was to bring basic mobile
wireless communications as a Mobile Network Operator, offering
Mobile Wireless and Mobile Lifeline services to remote customers as
well as provide a large roaming footprint for the customers of all
national network operators when they come to visit and explore the
beautiful rural West. Today, Commnet's focus and vision are now to
connect Rural America to broadband communications in these same
areas, deploying fiber middle-mile and distribution fiber to
deliver retail fiber to the home (FTTH) and fixed wireless
broadband services where they are needed most. Commnet is also a
large wholesale provider to local Wireless Internet Service
Providers (WISPs), Incumbent and Competitive Local Exchange
Providers (ILECs/CLECs) as well as a build/operation partner for 5G
mobile Sites for the national Mobile Network Operators. The Company
also brings operational expertise to Tribal and local County and
regional partners, sharing in the cost and operational
responsibilities of running reliable broadband communications, but
doing so with a feel that is familiar to local residents and
businesses.The Commnet mission is simple: to enable (through
partners and carriers) or directly deliver high-quality broadband
communications services to Tribal Communities and Rural America,
driving digital inclusion and providing access to education, work,
healthcare, safety, entertainment, and community
connectivity.Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Compensation Range: $124,000 - $187,650 (compensation
determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment
with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate
in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Benefits: Commnet is proud to offer a comprehensive suite of
benefits to all regular full-time positions (hourly & salaried) in
order to promote health and financial security for you and your
family. Benefits include health, vision, dental, HSA/FSA, life and
AD&D, short/long term disability coverage, emergency travel
assistance, and 401k. All employees also get access to the Employee
Assistance Program (EAP), which includes services such as 100%
confidential counseling, financial information/resources, legal
support, and general wellness issuesAll qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy,
genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Keywords: Commnet, Castle Rock , Director, Network Operations System, Executive , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!