Network Data Engineer
Company: Commnet Broadband
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: January 19, 2023
General Purpose and Scope
Commnet Broadband is looking for an experienced Network Data
Engineer in a service provider environment that is customer focused
to join the team! The successful candidate will possess strong
written and verbal communication skills, a willingness to meet
business critical deadlines, proven time-management and
organizational skills, and strong analytical skills with accuracy
and attention to detail. In addition, they must possess
demonstrable documentation skills, ability to multi-task, and work
independently. Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited
- Implement network solutions for internal and external customers
from a design, document, bill of material, and/or statements of
- Implementation of core & edge network architecture and routing
protocols on our Juniper platforms.
- Provide Tier 2 support of issues within the commercial
- IP address assignment based on best practices, and
- Provide analysis for root cause determination of issues
including recommendations for improvements.
- Provide technical training individually or in larger group
- Write, peer review, and the implement Methods of Procedure
- Working directly with our equipment vendors quoting/negotiating
equipment pricing, resolving technical issues, and
research/requesting feature enhancements.
- Quote and request purchase orders internally based on equipment
needed to meet a design and within the departmental budget.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Working knowledge of Juniper networks gained through relevant
experience, vendor training, and/or college or technical/vocational
- BS/BA and 2 years of experience; or Associates Degree and at
least 3 years work experience in related field or equivalent
related work experience.
- 2 years hands on practice and working knowledge in a
Juniper/Cisco environment, on routing (BGP/OSPF/ISIS), Security
(FW, IDP,IPS, etc.), WAN routing technologies.
- 1 Year implementing, and testing MPLS, EVPNs, VPLSs & EPLs in a
Juniper based service provider environment.
- 1 Year implementing, and testing enterprise campus LAN & branch
solutions, VoIP, 802.11 wireless technology, including trends and
the latest state of the art architecture reference models for both
cloud and premise-based solutions.
- Active certification of Juniper JNCIS-SP or above
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience using Juniper MX, ACX, EX
or QFX, & SRX equipment.
- Active Juniper JNCIP-SP or above or Cisco CCNP or above
- Familiarity with standalone Virtual Machines OS (VMWare ESX and
NSX, Linux OS, as well as Open Source KVM) ,
- Familiarity with cloud-based solution and implementation models
(especially using AWS, Azure and Google).
- Familiarity with configuration, testing, and turn up automation
in the above environments.
- Experience with designing service provider internet access
- Experience with Security as a Service with multiple security
OEMs a plus
- Experience with SNMP, Telemetry, CFM and LFM is a plus
- Experience with DDOS mitigation, intrusion detection, and
prevention a plus
- Experience with mobile technologies (2G/3G, 4G and beyond)
geo-redundancy routing methods. About the Company:
Commnet has been the backbone of rural networks in the United
States for decades. We enable or directly deliver high-quality
broadband communications services to Tribal Communities and Rural
America, driving digital inclusion and providing access to
education, work, healthcare, safety, entertainment, and community
connectivity. If you have visited the rural west, it is most likely
that you have roamed on a wireless segment of our network. If you
have needed healthcare or emergency services in these areas, your
data likely moved across our fiber. If you know any children or
college students studying for a brighter future, we are the network
team running connections behind the scenes to support their
education. Through the power of partnerships, we enhance the
effectiveness of our efforts. Working with local stakeholders means
better service to tribal communities, rural telecommunication
companies, organizations, and government agencies. Commnet works to
enhance the lives of real people through any available avenue we
can find. With an eye on the future, Commnet is bringing coverage
and faster fiber connections to more communities and partners,
facilitating a better and more connected future for everyone.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Compensation Range: $105k - $124k (compensation
determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment
with market data.)
- Benefits: Commnet is proud to offer a comprehensive suite of
benefits to all regular full-time positions (hourly & salaried) to
promote overall health, wellness, and financial security for you
and your family. Benefits include health, vision, dental, HSA/FSA,
life and AD&D, short/long term disability coverage, Parental
Leave, emergency travel assistance, 401k, and remote/hybrid work
benefit. All employees also get access to the Employee Assistance
Program (EAP), which includes services such as 100% confidential
counseling, financial information/resources, legal support, and
general wellness issues. **A Note to Agencies** All resumes
submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at
Commnet Broadband (the Company) via email, the internet or in any
form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of the Company,
unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by the
Company for this position and a valid agreement with the Company is
in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the
Company agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of
any kind will be paid. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status.
Keywords: Commnet Broadband, Castle Rock , Network Data Engineer, Engineering , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!