Senior Satellite Test Engineer
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: January 16, 2022
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of
the world 's leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and
manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power
generation systems. GA-EMS ' expanding portfolio of specialized
products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet,
space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy,
and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial,
and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Satellite
Test Engineer (Assembly, Integration and Test) working on satellite
systems to join our team located in Centennial, CO. The individual
filing for the Test Engineer position will interact with technical
staff and report to test managers. The tests that the individual
will be required to support range from engineering research trials,
production and factory acceptance tests, system and component level
requirements verification tests combined with operational tests,
lifecycle tests, environmental and electromagnetic tests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Satellite system test planning, organization and test
- Satellite system and subsystem test configuration and procedure
development, review and execution.
- Develop and promote satellite assembly, integration and test
flows that include the introduction of new concepts and
- Design and implement test fixtures, including test plans for
both board and system level environments
- Test and troubleshoot complex electronics systems from the
component level to the system functionality level.
- Test and debug, utilizing knowledge of a design with standard
lab equipment to troubleshoot issues that occur during test to
ensure quality final product.
- Solve hardware/software interface problems, define input/output
parameters, and ensure integration of the entire system or
- Liaise with all levels of program and engineering staff on
design, integration and test matters and support other
teams/disciplines as necessary.
- Addresses complex and difficult technical issues requiring
novel and highly creative approaches drawing on advanced
- May assume technical and engineering responsibility of the
success of an identifiable project.
- Formulate and maintain test plans as execution occurs.
- Implement and support quality management in the execution of a
- Apply technical knowledge to determine and set technical
objectives to analyze, investigate and resolve advanced engineering
problems; including future applications, and engineering
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in
engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited
institution and progressive engineering experience as follows;
twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, ten or
more years of experience with a masters degree, or seven or more
years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience
in lieu of education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is
- Experience in spacecraft testing and test requirements is
- Experience using test equipment (ie, spectrum analyzers, single
generators, oscilloscopes, power meters)
- Familiarity with data analysis manipulation in spreadsheets,
and extraction and documentation of test data from lab test
- Experience with assembly and test of spacecraft hardware and
electronics is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with environmental testing such as MIL-STD-810.
Space environmental testing a plus
- Complete understanding of clean room facilities, compliance and
safe working practices.
- Detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of
engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with all
aspects of the satellite system life cycle.
- Demonstrated experience in organization, planning and technical
leadership, including risk identification, assessment and
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of AS9100
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and
organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation,
and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to
work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required and be flexible
and adaptable to changing priorities and workloads.
- Experience with satellite subsystem and system level testing is
- Launch base operations experience.Each job has a salary range
which identifies the minimum, midpoint (market) and maximum base
pay for the job. Pay rates are established based on the
individual's knowledge, skill, experience and education/training
needed to perform the job.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Castle Rock , Senior Satellite Test Engineer, Engineering , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!