Network Engineer II - CBO Regional Data Center
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to
millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team
is responsible for the implementation of approved network
architecture and designs. The NE II assists in the planning,
forecasting, implementation and identification of resource
requirements for network systems of high complexity. As a member of
the team, you will design and establish network enhancements while
following corporate standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with firewalls; ASA, SRX and on load balancing projects
using F5 and A10.
- Lead network planning, network architecture design and
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem
- Leads in the development and documentation of technical
standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Designs corporate standards and develops network
- Works on one or more projects as a team leader.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
field and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of network engineering
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with Cisco and/or
- At least two (2) years of Data network experienceADDITIONAL JOB
- Advanced knowledge of firewalls; ASA, SRX and on load balancing
projects using F5 and A10.
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and
transport technologies and protocols
- Experience wih network design, network architecture, protocols
and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to
support the current operations
- Experience in network devices and basic network appliances
- Advanced knowledge of network designing software, such as
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and
ability to learn new technology quicklyPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- At least one of the following: CCNP, JNCIS, NRSII or other
applicable certifications in addition to equivalent degree or work
- Knowledge of company products and service
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
(Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education;
negotiations begin at $61400
For more information on Spectrum's benefits, please click .
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Castle Rock , Network Engineer II - CBO Regional Data Center, Engineering , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!